This pineapple topsy turvy cake is delicate and rich with a caramelized earthy colored sugar pineapple and cherry garnish. Its juices leak down into the cake, adding considerably more delicious flavor and surface. An exemplary most loved utilizing canned pineapple and maraschino cherries, this retro cake is served topsy turvy and ideal any season.
I love learning in the kitchen and I’m continually endeavoring to improve my ability. With consistent practice comes the chance to present to you all that can be expected. This is an energizing post!Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup real, unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 and 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 and 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk + 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the butter in a 9×13 glass baking pan. Place pan in the oven to melt it. Once melted, sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the melted butter, followed by an even layer of the pineapple chunks. Set pan aside.
- In the bowl of a countertop mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix by hand, using a wire whisk.
- Add oil, milk and vinegar mixture, eggs, and vanilla. Using the whisk attachment, mix on low for 30 seconds just to combine ingredients.
- Then, turn the mixer to high and beat for 3 minutes, scraping the downsides of the bowl a couple of times during the process. Pour batter into the cake pan over pineapple.
- Place cake pan on a jelly roll pan or line the rack with aluminum foil, for the love of all that is HOLY.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with a couple of moist crumbs on it.
- Once done, remove the cake from the oven. Gently loosen sides of cake from pan using a butter knife.
- Place a clean jelly roll pan or large rectangular platter over the cake pan and carefully flip the cake over while still in the pan.
- Allow the cake pan to rest over the cake for 3 minutes prior to removing it so the caramelized brown sugar can drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold with sweetened whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 253mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 652IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 2mg