°2 pounds minced meat
°4 Yukon Gold Fries
°2 cans mixed vegetables
°1 can of sweet corn,
°1 can Tomato Soup
°1 can tomatoes
°1 can be chopped green beans, undrained
°pinch of salt
°2 tablespoons of sugar
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
2. Frying and draining the minced meat
3. Place beef and potatoes in a large slow cooker.
4. Add all the vegetable cans, tomato soup can and tomato cubes.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Finally, add the secret ingredient that sets this apart from your average soup – sugar (thanks to Grandma Hazel)!!
Mix them well and simmer for 2-3 hours in a slow cooker.
Of course you can substitute fresh or frozen vegetables, but you will need to add a can or two of beef broth to this. No need to add this if using canned vegetables, as unfiltered cans will add – providing liquid and flavor.