– 1 lb ground beef
– 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (can use low-sodium)
– 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
– 14 -16 large pasta shells
– 1 cup salsa
– 1 cup taco sauce (NOT enchilada sauce)
– 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
– 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
– 1 1/2 cups tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
– 3 green onions, chopped
– 1 cup sour cream
1 Preheat oven to 350°.
2) In a frying pan cook ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.
3) While the ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
4) Pour salsa on bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture placing shells in dish open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
5) After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes, with the foil removed. Top with green onions and serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.