Looking for a fun and easy recipe for something sweet? Make 3 Ingredient Coconut Mounds Bars! A sweet coconut filling dipped in dark chocolate and ready for snacking in just about 30 minutes–you’ll love this make-at-home version of Mounds Bars.
- 15 oz dark cooking chocolate
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut and sweetened condensed milk to make a thick and sticky paste.
- Using your hands, form some rectangles with the paste. Press firmly to make sure the rectangles will keep their shape. Every 3 or 4 rectangles, wash your hands and do not dry them completely. That way, the paste won’t stick on your hands.
- Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put in the freezer for about 20 minutes. This will make the candy easier to dip in chocolate. Don’t skip this part or it’ll be a mess!
- In the meantime, cut chocolate in pieces and put 2/3 of it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium power for 30 seconds, stir, then repeat in 15 seconds interval until the chocolate has melted. (If you prefer to melt chocolate on the stove top, place a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan filled with simmering water. On low heat, stir chocolate until melted (allow a few minutes). Ensure the chocolate avoids contact with water and steam whilst melting).
- Add 1/3 remaining chocolate and keep stirring until it is fully melted. It’s called tempering chocolate. It will allow the chocolate to have a glossy texture and to set correctly.
- It’s time for dipping now! Remove rectangles from the freezer. If you want to take you time, you can work with one rectangle at a time and leave the others in the freezer. Using two forks, dip one rectangle in melted chocolate and roll it to cover all sides.
- Using one fork, remove rectangle from chocolate. With the other fork, remove excess chocolate and arrange your bounty on a lined baking sheet.
- Allow a few hours for the chocolate cover to set (time will vary according to where you live, how warm is your house etc.) and ENJOY!