- 2 C. Milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 C. All-purpose flour
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 6 Tbsp. Butter unsalted and melted
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Oil for frying
- Beat together the milk, egg, vanilla, and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the baking soda and sugar.
- Slowly beat in the flour a little at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Add the mixture to a piping bag or ziploc bag with a hole cut into one corner.
- Heat the oil on the stove over medium-high heat until it reaches about 350-375 degrees.
- Drizzle small circles of the batter into the hot oil, and turn to cook both sides until golden brown. Remove, and place on a paper towel-lined rack to drain.
- Repeat this process until all of the batter has been used.
- Garnish the funnel cake bites with powdered sugar and serve.