– Meatballs I used about 1 1/2 doz homemade meatballs **Meatballs were fully cooked
– 24 oz jar marinara sauce I used San Marzano Sauce
– 1/2 yellow onion diced
– 3 cloves garlic crushed
– 1 tsp Italian seasoning
– 2 TBSP olive oil
– 3/4 # spaghetti noodles
– 1-2 cups grated cheese I used half colby-jack, half mozzarella
– 1/2 cup grated parmesan
– In large cast iron skillet, sauté onions in olive oil over med/low heat. Add in garlic and continue sautéing until onions are tender.
– Add cooked meatballs.
– Add marinara sauce and tsp Italian seasoning.
– Heat over med/low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
– In separate large pot, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions (under cook by 2 minutes).
– With large slotted spoon, scoop meatballs from sauce and set aside.
– Scoop cooked spaghetti (with large slotted spoon) into marinara sauce. Add in about 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Gently stir until pasta is fully coated with sauce.
– Add cooked meatballs to top of spaghetti.
– Top with grated cheese & parmesan cheese.
– Bake at 350* for approx 20 – 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.