– 1/2 Cup butter (1 stick), melted
– 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
– 1 Can pineapple rings in 100% juice (reserve the juice)
– 1 Jar maraschino cherries
– 1 Box yellow or pineapple cake mix
– 1 4-serving box instant vanilla pudding
– 3 eggs
– Vegetable oil
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Prepare the bundt pan by generously applying pan release (recipe below) or non-stick spray.
– Melt the butter and evenly pour into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
– Cut the pineapple rings in half and alternate with the maraschino cherries around the bundt pan as shown in the picture. Set aside.In a stand mixer or large bowl, stir the cake mix and pudding mix together.
– Drain the pineapple juice into a measuring cup and add enough milk to make 1 Cup of liquid. Add this with the eggs and the amount of oil called for in the recipe to the cake mixture; following the instructions on the box.
– Carefully pour the batter over the fruit and bake as instructed for a bundt cake. The cake is done when an inserted knife comes out clean.
– Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Slide a knife around the edges including the inner ring.
– Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Slice between the pineapple rings and serve warm or room temperature.