MY ITALIAN CREAM CAKE RECIPE is a delectable cake that’s perfect to complete your holiday dinner party…This beauty is one of my most requested treatsthat, it should definitely be a year-round recipe !!
YOU’LL NEED :
– White cake mix: 1 large (16-ounces) Pkg
– Eggs: 3 (large)
– Buttermilk: 1 ¼ Cups
– Vegetable oil: ¼ Cup
– Flaked coconut: 1 (3-oz or 4-oz) Can
– Toasted pecans: 2/3 Cup (chopped)
– Rum: 3 large spoons *opt
– Cream Cheese Frosting
1. First, beat the white cake mix, with eggs, buttermilk, and vegetable oil using an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Immediately, whisk in the coconut and pecans.
2. Make sure to fill 3 greased and floured 9-inch circular cake pans. You can grease them with soft batter.
3. After that, go ahead and bake them at 350°F unril a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean, it takes around 17 minutes. Time done, go ahead and remove them from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes in the pans on wire racks.
4. Remove from the pan and permit them cooled completely on wire racks.
5. You may want to drizzled the rum uniformly over each cake layer. And please set them aside for 10 minutes for later.
6. Ok now, go ahead and cream the cream cheese frosting in a large bowl. You’ll want to spread it on the cakes, as well as on the top and sides of the cake.
7. And that’s it, be sure to place it in the fridge for 120 minutes to cool before you slice it.