I’ve always been a soup fan. Growing up in NH with its seemingly endless cold winters, soup is such comfort food. I am making my third batch of it today because it’s so delicious! Even my barley-disliking husband loves this soup. I make double batches because I give some to my widowed neighbor and for my elderly mother-in-law. Yes!! It’s that good!!
* 1 pound boneless chuck roast trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 1 1/2 cups carrots thinly sliced
* 1 1/2 cups celery thinly sliced
* 2/3 cup onion chopped
* 1 package pre-sliced mushrooms 8-ounce
* 2 tbs beef base (this is different than beef broth it is a base that makes beef broth)
* 8-10 cups water
* 1 large bay leaf
1. Brown beef in non-stick fry pan until browned, stirring frequently.
2. Remove beef from pan and place in crockpot, Add carrot, celery, onion, and mushrooms, beef base, water, garlic and bay leaf.