OMGOODNEES, a taste of tropics that only require a trip to the kitchen !! Seriousely, These creamy and delicious COCONUT CREAM PIE BARS start with an easy pie crust base, filled with a thick creamy filling and topped with fresh whipped cream resulting in a great dessert recipe for family dinners, potlucks or any celebration.!
#For The Crust:
– Unsalted Butter: 1 Cup, about 2 Sticks (Cold)
– Flour: 2 Cups
– Powdered Sugar: 3/4 Cup
#For The Filling:
– Half and Half: 3 Cups
– Coconut Milk: 3 Cups
– Eggs: 4 (large)
– Granulated Sugar: 1 1/2 Cups
– Cornstarch: 2/3 Cups
– Salt: 1/2 Teaspoon
– Sweetened Flaked Coconut: 1 1/2 Cups
– Coconut Extract: 1/2 Teaspoon
– Vanilla Extract: 1/2 Teaspoon
– Sweetened Flaked Coconut: 1 Cup
– Heavy Whipping Cream: 2 Cups
– Vanilla Extract: 1 Teaspoon
– Powdered Sugar: 1/4 Cup
HOW TO PREPARE IT :
1. To prepare the Crust, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with a double thickness of aluminum foil. And palease allow 2-3 inches to extend over long sides, then spray, generously, with non stick cooking spray.
2. Make sure each stick of cold butter is sliced into about 8 slices. Immediately add flour, powdered sugar and sliced butter in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until butter pieces are about the size of peas. Okay, pour mixture into prepared baking dish, evenly pressing into dish. After that, bake in preheated oven until edges of the crust begin to brown, it takes around 18-20 minutes. And please set aside and cool.
3. Spread 1 cup of the coconut in a thin layer On a rimmed baking sheet. Once done, toast in preheated oven until golden brown and set aside to use for topping.
4. To prepare the Filling, you’re going to get a large sauce pan and add in half and half, coconut milk, eggs, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Cook over meduim to low heat, and keep stirring until mixture begins to bubble and becomes nice and thick. For this part, I stir in the coconut and vanilla extract also the cocout. The cooked filling should be poured over crust at this stage. And please permit it cooled for 30 mins at room temperature then refrigerate for no less than 4 hours.
5. For the Topping, you need to beat whipping cream in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, until soft peaks begin to form. You’ll want to add vanilla and powdered sugar, beating constantly until stiff peaks just form. Alright now, spread whipped cream over chilled pie filling and top with browned coconut. Finally, pull bars out of pan and cut. Serve & ENJOY !!