Today’s recipe is a reworking of one of my earliest. Back to 2015! It was one of those recipes that were adequate but might have been improved upon.
This coconut cake has a tender, melt-in-your-mouth spongy cake, as well as a sweet coconut and double cream icing. This delectable dessert is whisked together with an electric whisk for extra light and airy texture. Before serving, sprinkle with desiccated coconut and garnish with glace cherries.
This Coconut Cake is one of my family’s favorite desserts! I’m not sure why coconut cake was never on our radar, but it wasn’t until I became fascinated with mastering it that I became obsessed with improving it. Call it a commitment to mastering all things Easter or a stay-at-home order, but I’ve baked a lot of coconut cakes over the last month and am glad to say I’ve got a fantastic recipe to share with you today.
My basic coconut cake is prepared using a variety of pantry staples: butter for flavor, granulated sugar for sweetness, eggs for fluffiness, vanilla… and many more!!
Once the cake is cooked, prepare an irresistible delicious coconut cream cheese frosting. This icing is, without a doubt, the greatest part of the whole cake.
Let’s get started!!
FOR THE INGREDIENT, YOU’LL NEED:
• 400 grams.Of white sugar.
• 370 grams.Of cake flour.
• 4 medium-sized eggs.
• 4 melted sticks.Of butter.
• Half a Cup.Of lemon juice.
• A small spoon.Of vanilla extract.
• Half a small spoon.Of lemon extract.
• Crushed pineapple, I used two large cans.
• A medium Pkg.Of frozen flaked coconut, you need to let it thaw before using It.
• Fresh mint sprig, I used them for garnish.
• Step 1: Before you start, you need to gather All of the ingredients, and they all should be at room temperature, except the butter, which has to be melted.
• Step 2: Next, you need to combine four medium eggs, with sugar, melted butter, and lemon juice in a medium-sized mixing dish.
• Step 3: After that, sift the flour through a sieve and gently incorporate it into the batter using an electric mixer, beating at a low speed while adding the vanilla and lemon extracts.
• Step 4: And now I baked the cake for around 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Step 5: And once the cake is done, you need to cool it completely on wire racks after removing it from pans.
• Step 6: Between the cake layers, you’ll spread 3/4 cup of Pineapple Filling, and then pour the remaining filling over the top of the cake.
• Step 7: At the step, you’ll frost the sides of the cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
• Step 8: And now, garnish with flaked coconut and add a fresh mint sprig for added effect.
I recommend that you bake this coconut cake recipe in two cake pans and cut each one in half once it has cooled fully before serving. This would result in a total of four layers. YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS EXCELLENT CAKE AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!