– This simple icebox cake is completely wonderful and just so enjoyable. No baking, no fuss. Rich topping with chocolate, a fun vanilla custard core, and graham crackers. In cake form, it tastes like an eclair! And it’s much better than baking an eclair.
– You guys, I’m always searching for super-duper dessert recipes that are simple to make. An eclair is one of my all-time favorite treats.
– Try it soon as possible, and you won’t regret it!!!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE ECLAIR CAKE:
– 18 Graham Crackers broken in half.
– A Pkg. Of vanilla instant pudding, I used the -3.4oz- size.
– 1 Cup. And 1/2 2% milk cold.
– COOL-WHIP Topping, I used a container of -8oz- thawed.
– 1/2 Cup.Of white chocolate chips, For the White Chocolate Drizzle.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE-TOPPING YOU’LL NEED:
– 1/2 Cup.Of brown sugar.
– 1/4 Cup.Of cocoa powder.
– 1/4 Cup.Of butter.
– 1/4 Cup.Of milk.
– 1 Tbsp.Of vanilla extract.
DIRECTIONS TO PREPARE THE ECLAIR CAKE:
– I whisked the pudding mixture with the milk in a large tub, using a hand mixer.
– I allowed it to set up a bit, then I stirred in the thawed Cold Whip.
– I put a single layer of graham crackers, about 10 squares, in an 8.8-inch square pan, then I covered with 1/2 of the cool pudding whip mixture.
– I repeated the same step by adding 10 more squares of graham crackers.
– Then, over the squares, I scattered the other half of the pudding mixture.
– I topped with 10 graham cracker squares left.
– Then I made the chocolate topping over the top, I covered with the topping, and cooled for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
– I melted the white chocolate chips in 20-seconds intervals in the microwave just before serving. Depending on the microwave, it could take about a minute to melt.
– I used a spoon to drizzle white chocolate over the top to resemble the top of an eclair, and I removed it from the refrigerator.
– Sliced it, served it, and enjoyed it!
FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
– In a shallow bowl, I stirred the brown sugar and cocoa powder together.
– I added the butter and milk and brought it to a slow boil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
– I boiled it for 3 to 5 minutes. Occasionally stirring.
– I removed it from the heat and blended it with the cocoa and brown sugar.
– I returned it to fire, and whisked for 3 minutes, until smooth.
– I removed it from the heat, and I added the vanilla.
– I put it aside for 5 minutes to cool, then I poured over the Eclair cake and transferred it to the refrigerator to set it up.
– THAT’S ALL!!!!