- 3 Tbls unsalted butter, melted
- 24 golden Oreos, divided
- 1¼ Cup strawberries, medium dice
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 1 Tbls water
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ Cup sour cream
- ⅓ Cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place half the golden Oreos in a food processor. Pulse until it forms crumbs, add in the melted butter, and pulse again until crumbs are covered in butter.
- Press crumbs into an 8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper (or foil if you’re out of parchment paper!). Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, take out, and let cool on the counter.
- Place strawberries in the pot with 1 Tbls sugar and 1 Tbls water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes until soft. You should stir this every few minutes.
- Combine lemon juice with cornstarch and stir into mixture and simmer an additional minute until thickened. Place strawberry mixture in food processor and pulse until smooth. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Place cream cheese, sour cream, remaining sugar, vanilla, and egg in a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth and combined. Place on top of Oreo crust.
- Pour half of the strawberry sauce on top of the cheesecake. Use remaining sauce however you wish, I like adding it to lemonade, yum! Bake at 325 degrees for 36 minutes or until cheesecake is just slightly jiggly.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Crush remaining Oreos and sprinkle on top, gently pushing into the bars.
- Place in a fridge covered and let sit for at least 3 hours until cutting into squares.
- Take out of the pan and cut into squares.
Serve and enjoy!!