Cornbread is fast bread fermented with baking powder, not yeast. So with milk, eggs, and other items like flour and cornmeal, you have homemade cornbread in under 30 minutes!
Golden, sweet, and savory, there’s nothing better than homemade cornbread, especially when it’s stuffed with diced corn and jalapeno, and served warm with honey crushed on top.
The homemade cornbread is the best!
For other Mexican-inspired dishes, try authentic Mexican rice, chili con karen, grilled meat dishes, grilled chicken, or stuffed Tex-Mex peppers. Enjoy!
* Ingredients :
° 1 cup milk
° 1/4 cup melted butter
° 3 tablespoons of honey
° 1 tablespoon of baking powder
° 1 large egg
° 1/2 cup sugar
° 1/2 teaspoon salt
° 8.5-ounce package of filtered corn
° 1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
° 1/4 cup optional hot pepper pickles
° 1 cup of flour
* Instructions :
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray the bottom and sides of the 8 Square Pan, 9 Round Pan with cooking spray. Or use a cast iron skillet.
– In a large bowl, mix butter, milk and eggs until well combined.
– Add the corn flour, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stirring until the flour is wet.
– Add the corn and the chopped jalapeno (the mixture will be lumpy).
– Pour the mixture into the pan with even distribution and the surface of the top of the pan.
– Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, place a toothpick in the center and come out clean. Take it out of the oven and spread honey over it and let it soak.
– Serve warm.