INDIAN FRYBREAD – Friends, family, co-workers, neighbors… everyone loves this Yummy Bread!
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 cup shortening
- Extra flour to flour your hands
- Put flour in bowl, add baking powder, salt and powdered milk.Mix in warm water to form dough.Cover hands in flour
- Knead dough by hand until soft but not sticky. Cover with a cloth and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Shape dough into balls about 2 inches across then flatten by patting and stretching the dough.
- Melt shortening about an inch deep in frying pan. When hot put dough in pan. Fry one side till golden brown, then turn and fry the other.Can be topped with honey, powdered sugar, etc. You can also make it savory by topping with cooked sausage, or fried egg…. Enjoy!