- 1 c parmesan cheese (or sharp Cheddar, or Asiago) divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 c mayonnaise (or Greek yoghurt for a healthier option)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Slice each chicken breast into 3 large pieces.
In a mixing bowl, add buttermilk.
Add the chicken pieces and let them soak for at least 20 to 30 minutes overnight. This will help tenderize the chicken.
Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, seasonings, and mayonnaise into a mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
Arrange the chicken pieces into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Add the cheese mixture over the chicken pieces and spread it evenly.
Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top.
Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake the chicken for 40 to 45 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Broil the chicken for another 2 minutes or until extra crispy.
Remove from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
Serve warm with veggies on the side. Enjoy!
Garnish with your preferred herbs.