– 4 cups all-purpose flour sifted
– 1 pound salted butter softened (4 sticks)
– 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon almond extract
– 3 cups granulated sugar
– 6 large eggs
– ¾ cup whole milk OR buttermilk
– Preheat the oven to 300°F. Butter and flour an angel food/tube pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
– In the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment whisk together the butter, vanilla and almond extracts. Whip for 5 minutes on medium-high.
– Switch to the paddle attachment Add the sugar gradually beating on medium until light yellow in color. (Around 5 minutes)
– Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
– Lower the speed of the mixer and add the flour alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with flour. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally.
– After all has been added, beat for 1-2 minutes until the flour has fully incorporated.
– Spread evenly into the pan and bounce on the counter, if needed to settle.
– Place into the oven and bake for 1 hr 30-45 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes back clean.
– Cool for 15 minutes, then remove the outer ring.
– Cool completely on a cooling rack.