These Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies are the perfect blend of coconut, semi sweet chocolate and sliced almonds. They can be baked and frozen ahead of time.
This is the time of year for all things cookie! One of my favorite candy bars is Almond Joy. To me they are amazing. What is your favorite candy bar? Are you a snickers fan? Maybe you prefer a Twix or a 3 Musketeers. These Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies are the perfect blend of coconut, semi sweet chocolate and sliced almonds. They are simply amazing and I had better freeze them before I eat way too many of these delectable beauties.
“Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal.” – Sandra Lee
- 1 1/8 cups all purpose flour (1 cup plus two tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes (shredded coconut)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In small bowl whisk to combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using mixer cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg and mix just until incorporated. Slowly blend the dry mixture into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut flakes and sliced almonds.
- Using 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment covered cookie sheets. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Allow to cool for ten minutes before moving to cookie cooling racks.