How to make Spaghetti and ground beef in homemade marinara sauce. Sharing our secrets for tender, juicy ground beef. This spaghetti and ground beef recipe is a keeper – perfect comfort food!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 80/20
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- grated parmesan
1 ) Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef to the pot, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and crumble into small chunks with a wooden spoon and cook until lightly browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
2 ) Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the pan and set over medium-low heat (if you don’t have enough fat in the pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil). Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, until the onion is translucent, about 7 minutes.
3 ) Return beef to pot then stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and sugar. Bring sauce to a boil, then immediately reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 1 hour. Adjust seasoning as needed.
4 ) Meanwhile cook spaghetti in well-salted water, according to package instructions. Drain well and toss with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Pass grated Parmesan.
5 ) When firm, remove from freezer and slice into 9 bars. Top each bar with a dollop of whipped topping, a slice of banana, and a Nilla Wafer before serving.