– 2 pounds lean ground beef
– 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
– 2 eggs beaten
– 1 chopped onion
– 1 chopped bell pepper
– 1 cup chopped mushrooms
– 1 cup chopped black olives
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
– 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
– 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 2 cans crescent rolls
– In a large bowl, combine beef, crumbs, egg, onion, salt, and oregano.
– Stir in 1/2 tomato sauce; set aside.
– Cut 2 pieces of waxed paper 15 inches long.
– Unroll crescent roll dough and don’t separate.
– Lay end to end on top of wax paper and place the second piece of wax paper on top.
– Now take rolling pin and roll the dough out till it’s half the thickness that it was originally.
– Place meat mixture in center and spread out over dough Sprinkle meat with cheese, bell pepper mushrooms and olives top with remaining tomato sauce.
– Roll up meat, jelly-roll fashion, starting at narrow end; use wax paper to help. Place seam side down.
– Place in non-stick 9-1/4-in. x 5-1/2 in. x 2-3/4-in. bread pan.
– Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
– Drain off any fat that accumulates; return to oven for 30 minutes.
– I also did it with pizza dough too and that one had a thicker crust and I also experimented with saran wrap instead of wax paper and that seemed to work pretty well.
– DO NOT LEAVE THE PLASTIC WRAP ON OR THE WAX PAPER !! Someone just asked me this and I never thought anyone would misinterpret the directions