These stuffed shells are filled with three types of cheese, then topped with marinara sauce and more cheese and baked until golden brown. Classic comfort food that’s great to feed the crowd!
When I’m looking for an easy meal that will satisfy both kids and adults alike, I turn to baked noodles, lasagna rolls, or these cheese-filled shells.
Start this dish by boiling the pasta skin. While the crust is cooking, prepare the filling by mixing ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese with spices and eggs. Use a spoon or piping bag to fill each cooked crust with the cheese mixture. Pour the marinara sauce into the bottom of the baking dish, then arrange the crust over the sauce. Pour more sauce over the crust, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Bake the pasta covered, uncovered until light brown. Add a little fresh parsley, then serve and enjoy.
° One box of giant shells
° 2 cups grated carrots
° 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
° 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
° 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
° 600 grams of ricotta cheese
° 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
° Tomato Pastine can (796 ml)
° 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
° 1/2 Thai pepper or 1/4 teaspoon. Sambal Ulik (optional)
° 1/2 tsp. Elm Garden Mix (Ingredients: Garlic, Parsley, Onion, °Rosemary, Salt, Basil, Thyme, Oregano, Lovage, Chives, Lavender, Monarda, Sea Salt) / Alternatively, use Provence herbs or basil pesto
° 1 tablespoon crushed garlic flowers or 1 to 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
° Fresh pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook about 20 shells until fully cooked (see cooking instructions on the pasta tray). Void, rinsing with cold water, & drain again. Set shells apart on a damp cloth.
2. In a bowl, mix the ricotta, parmesan, garlic flower, parsley, garden mix, spinach, carrots and pepper. Sit aside.
3. In a food processor, mix the dried tomatoes, cane tomatoes, pepper and hot pepper. Even a smooth blend. Sit aside.
4. Pour the tomato sauce into the bottom of an oven dish. Sit aside.
5. Top the crusts with ricotta mixture. Put a small amount of the mixture in each shell with a spoon. Place the stuffed crust on the plate that contains the tomato sauce.
6. Put a little grated cheddar cheese on each crust.
7. Cover the plate with aluminum foil or a lid – bake at 350 F (180 C) for 25 to 30 minutes.